Peter Huybers cv
Professor of Earth and Planetary Sciences
and Environmental Science and Engineering
20 Oxford St., Cambridge MA 02138
- Graduate students: Chris Chan, Aleyda Trevino, Parker Liautaud, and Ted Amdur.
- Research Staff: Angela Rigden and Marena Lin.
- Former students and research staff: Anna Lea Albrigth, Cristian Proistosescu, Andrew Rhines, Karen McKinnon, Ethan Butler, Martin Tingley, Nathan Mueller, Zan Stine, and Jake Gebbie.
- Faculty Assistant: Sabinna Cappo (617)496-6504, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gebbie and Huybers, The Little Ice Age and 20th century deep Pacific cooling, Science, 2019. link
- Piecuch, Huybers, Hay, Kemp, Little, Mitrovica, Ponte, and Tingley Origin of spatial variation in United States East Coast sea level trends during 1900-2017, Nature, 2018. link
- Butler, Mueller, and Huybers, Peculiarly pleasant weather for US maize , Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 2018. link, pdf
- Lin and Huybers, If rain falls in India and no one reports it, are historical trends in monsoon extremes biased?, Geophysical Research Letters, 2018. link, pdf
- Middleton, Mukhopadhyay, Langmuir, McManus, and Huybers Millennial-scale variations in dustiness recorded in Mid-Atlantic sediments from 0 to 70 ka, Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 2018. link, pdf
- Stine and Huybers Implications of Liebig's law of the minimum for tree-ring reconstructions of climate, Environmental Research Letters, early online release, 2017. link, pdf
- Proistosescu and Huybers Slow climate mode reconciles historical and model-based estimates of climate sensitivity, Science Advances, 2017. link, pdf
- Rhines, McKinnon, Tingley, and Huybers Seasonally Resolved Distributional Trends of North American Temperatures Show Contraction of Winter Variability, Journal of Climate, 2017. link, pdf
- Mueller, Rhines, Butler, Ray, Siebert, Holbrook, and Huybers Global Relationships Between Cropland Intensification and Summer Temperature Extremes Over the Last 50 Years, Journal of Climate, 2017. link, pdf
- Myers, Smith, Guth, Golden, Vaitla, Mueller, Dangour, and Huybers Climate Change and Global Food Systems: Potential Impacts on Food Security and Undernutrition, Annual Review of Public Health, 2017. link, pdf
- Piecuch, Huybers, and Tingley Comparison of full and empirical Bayes approaches for inferring sea-level changes from tide-gauge data, Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans 2017. link, pdf
- Austermann, Mitrovica, Huybers, and Rovere Detection of a dynamic topography signal in last interglacial sea-level records, Science Advances, 2017. link, pdf
- Daradich, Huybers, Mitrovica, Chan, and Austermann The influence of true polar wander on glacial inception in North America, Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 2017. link, pdf
- Ferguson, Li, Langmuir, Costa, McManus, Huybers, and Carbotte A 65 k.y. time series from sediment-hosted glasses reveals rapid transitions in ocean ridge magmas, Geology 2017. link, pdf
- Costa, McManus, Middleton, Langmuir, Huybers, Winckler, and Mukhopadhyay Hydrothermal deposition on the Juan de Fuca Ridge over multiple glacial-interglacial cycles, Earth and Planetary Science Letters, v479, 2017. link, pdf
- Huybers and Langmuir Delayed CO2 emissions from mid-ocean ridge volcanism as a possible cause of late-Pleistocene glacial cycles, Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 2017. link, pdf